Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anal Autumn

So much for the long week slash weekend slash ridiculous long weekend we have.You get up in the morning; decide that the garden for some weird reason needs attention.One can buy an amazing rake for less than a hundred bucks. What you cannot do is talk to trees and convince them that this leaf shedding shit is not cool....
So you buy a rake and get one with it.
"Wow",  I can see my roses, basil, thyme and rosemary.  What a beautiful garden.
The reason for my garden looking like the Amazon?
Well, since I started blogging I thought about setting up my own website. Then you start to Google, you start to Joomla, Wordpress and before you know it you are spending your time trying to figure out PHP and .NET. It took me two months to realize I know more about herbs than how to program the web.
So after Kenny and myself cleaned the garden I asked him in Sotho if he wants some coffee. It took us about three hours to clean the garden and get rid of all the leaves. A cup of coffee would be in order!
According to physics (which I understand better than herbs), it should take 500ml of water about 93 seconds to 
boil. Another 60 seconds to prepare the bru and walk outside with it. I always thought matric science would come in  handy.:
This is how I know that it took only 150 seconds, or about 2 and a half minutes for the big tree outside to destroy the good work we have done.
"Die blare bliksem uit die bome soos bakstene Tobie", Kenny told me in Afrikaans ". My reply?
"Fok!", and Kenny started laughing. "Where are the leaves we raked up?" I asked. "Around the corner", came the 
reply. "FETCH THEM KENNY, FETCH THEM NOW!", I screamed.
Kenny brought the leaves and we chucked them all out. We kicked them and threw them back into the garden.
We decided together that autumn is not worth it. I opened the gate and took a slash against the big tree, which is 
now known as "THE BIG LOSER".
Kenny asked if he could take a dump against it.
I suggested he waits for winter, when the tree has nothing to throw at us.
But in summer the shade will be welcome.